Terms & Conditions
GREAT TOUR EXPERIENCES – GTE BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS (as at March 2016)
Provider and money:
- The travel services provider is trading as Great Tour Experiences ABN 41 797 201 632 (GTE).
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, all:
(a) References to money, $, or dollars are in Australian Dollars. Unless specified on quotation to Overseas Travel Agents. (E.g. NZD when touring New Zealand)
(b) Prices and money amounts are expressed as inclusive of Goods & Services Tax (GST) where GST applies.
- To make a booking, either:
(a) complete your details in the “contact” section of GTE’s website for a GTE team member to contact you; or
(b) telephone GTE direct.
- (a) Correctly spelt full names of all members of travelling parties must be provided and match the corresponding traveller’s passports.
(b) Travellers will be charged additional fees where amendments to documents are necessitated as a consequence of typographical or spelling errors provided by the traveller or their agent.
(c) Caution: airline carriers may refuse boarding permission to travellers due to incorrectly spelt names.
- All reservations are subject to availability at the time of booking which will be made after full deposits have been paid and received.
- (a) Pre booking verbal and other pricing quotations are estimates only and prices may differ at the time of booking.
(b) Prices can vary for many reasons, for example third party suppliers increasing costs, new or increased taxes, fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates
(c) Travellers shall be liable and responsible for payment of increased prices and charges that occur before final payments are received by GTE. GTE will cover increased prices and charges that occur after all travellers in a group have paid for their package in full.
- In all bookings consisting of two or more travellers, the person making the booking on behalf of their travelling companions, will be deemed to have accepted the booking terms and conditions on behalf of all their travelling companions as the authorised agent of each of their travelling companions.
- GTE will inform travellers of the deposit amounts per traveller payable at the time of booking, however in all circumstances the minimum booking deposits payable to GTE are as follows:
(a) Student Tours: $200.00 per person. Paid deposits are non-refundable.
(b) Razzle Dazzle: $400.00 per person, is non-refundable.(c) All other adult tours: minimum $200 per person. Paid deposits are non-refundable.
- Full balance of all payments are payable by no later than 65 days before departure date except where specified otherwise.
- Calculation of final instalment payments will be calculated on the day of payment, calculation is based on that day’s applicable foreign currency exchange rate as quoted by ANZ Bank to GTE.
- Tickets and all other travel documents will be issued only after clearance of the full payment is received.
- (a) Payment of any monies to GTE are payable only by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or direct deposit into GTE’s bank account or by cheque drawn on an Australian trading bank. Cheques must be made payable to Great Tour Experiences.
(b) Payments cannot be made by credit card. GTE does not have credit card or debit card processing facilities.
Cancellation and Refunds (Travel Insurance is recommended)
- Cancellation charges and refunds can vary depending on tour types. Additional information and conditions are contained in travellers’ Tour Booking Forms.
- All deposits are non-refundable, subject to clause 8 above.
- Cancellation notification must be made in writing, sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- In addition to non-refundable deposits, other cancellation charges apply as follows:
(a) all cancellations received 30 days or more before departure date, 50% of tour cost per person;
(b) all cancellations received within 21 days of departure date or after travel documents have been sent to travellers, 100% of tour cost per person except where previously agreed otherwise in writing.
(c) any other charges and fees levied by third party suppliers.
- In the event of cancellation or postponement of an event by the event promoter or any other organisation, GTE will not be liable in any way for such cancellations and does not warrant any refund by third parties. Travel Insurance is recommended to cover you for such loss.
- No refunds are payable in respect of unused accommodation, meals, sightseeing tours, transfers, or any other services included in tour costs.
- Amendments and Changes to Bookings
(a) an additional charge by GTE of $55.00 per booking changed; andChanges to tour or travel booking will incur:
(b) any additional fees and charges charged by third party suppliers to GTE or to travellers direct.
- GTE will be guided by, and travellers will be bound by, the terms and conditions specified by the airline in respect of amending airline tickets
- (a) Tour fares are based on air fares and exchange rates current as at the date tickets are printed.
(b) Travellers are liable in respect of any airline fare increases that occur before departure.(c) In the event of currency fluctuations or necessary amendments to itineraries, tour costs will be adjusted accordingly, and the additional costs, if any, must be paid by the travellers. Conversely, should such changes result in a reduction to a tour’s total cost, a refund will be made.
Flights, Passports, Visas, Permits
- (a) All travellers are required to present for photographic and passport identification and verification at check-in.
(b) Most airlines require group travellers to check-in approximately 120 minutes (2 hours) before departure.
(c) Airlines have the right to refuse travellers to board who do not check-in within the required check-in period.
(e) All international travellers require passports to remain valid and not expire for at least six months or more at all times.
(e) It is solely the traveller’s responsibility to arrange all necessary visas and permits to travel.
(f) It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure currency of their passport.
(g) It is the traveller’s responsibility to determine check-in times and ensure their check-in at the appropriate time.
Additional Taxes and Charges
- (a) All pre-payable airport taxes and charges are included in the tour price, however they are subject to change.
(b) In some cases, airports levy additional charges on departure and such charges are the sole responsibility of the traveller.
- Hotels and service providers often add service fees and charges to accounts of a personal nature. Such fees and charges are solely the responsibility of the traveller.
- GTE strongly recommends travellers obtain suitable and adequate travel insurance that provides appropriate cover and indemnity against unforeseen circumstances.
- GTE is not liable in any way regarding travellers’ insurance arrangements. Travellers are solely responsible for arranging and obtaining suitable and adequate travel insurance and retaining insurance and policy documents in a safe place.
- Insurance policies are subject to terms, conditions and exclusions. GTE recommends travellers carefully read their insurance policies and understand policies’ terms, conditions and exclusions.
- It is the traveller’s sole responsibility at the time of making the booking, to confirm which components are included in purchased tours and packages.
- GTE is not responsible for any failure by travellers to confirm their tours and packaged inclusions.
- Unless expressly and clearly stated in itineraries as included in the tour cost, the following are not included in tour and travel packages: charges for passports, visas, meals, beverages, laundry, excess baggage, items of a personal nature, vaccinations and inoculations, expenses for guides and transportation, insurance cover, and any item in an itinerary marked as being and option or is optional.
- GTE collects certain personally identifiable information from tour coordinators and travellers for the purpose of providing its services.
- GTE is the sole owner of all information it collects.
- To provide its services, GTE may be required to disclose such information to third parties such as airlines, tour coordinators and accommodation providers. GTE will not disclose personal information unless it is necessary to procure a service on a travellers’ behalf or is compelled by law to do so.
- (a) In providing its services and receive payment for such services, GTE may request certain personally identifiable information from travellers (such as name and residential address). (b) Travellers must provide accurate contact information requested by GTE
(c) Providing incorrect information can lead to an inability for GTE to provide its services and, in some jurisdictions, may lead to criminal charges.
- GTE will not collect sensitive information about travellers from anyone else without the traveller’s consent.
- Travellers at all times retain the right to access their personally identifiable information that is within GTE’s possession or control to ensure its accuracy. If travellers wish to ensure the accuracy of such information or change the details provided, or that GTE delete information, travellers may request such from GTE in writing.
- GTE is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. GTE engages in practices and safeguards to help ensure the accuracy and security of personal information. If travellers have any concerns about privacy, they are asked to contact GTE.
- GTE acts as an intermediary and agent for suppliers in selling services, or in accepting reservations or booking for services that are not directly supplied by GTE, such as airline tickets, hotel accommodations, event tickets, ground transportation, meals, tours and cruises.
- GTE is not responsible for any breach of contract or intentional or careless actions or omissions on the part of third party suppliers that result in any loss, damage, delay or injury to travellers or their travel companions or group members.
- GTE shall not be responsible for any injuries, damages or losses caused to any traveller in connection with terrorist activities, war, insurrection, radiation or radioactivity, social or labour unrest, mechanical or construction difficulties, diseases, local laws, climactic conditions, abnormal conditions or developments or any other action, omissions or conditions outside the coverage against them.
- Travellers’ retention of tickets, vouchers or booking issued to them constitutes travellers’ consent to the above and an agreement on their part to convey the contents of these terms and conditions to their/your travel companions and/or group members.
- By engaging GTE and making deposit and/or full payment for packages or specified arrangements, travellers acknowledge GTE’s position as set out in these terms and conditions and agree to hold GTE blameless in making arrangements on travellers’ behalf, provided same shall be made through generally acceptable suppliers at the time of engagement, and travellers further agree that restitution of damages, if any are claimed, shall be sought directly from third party suppliers and not from GTE.
- Travellers also agree:
(a) they are bound by tour suppliers’ terms and conditions and services as set forth by the suppliers;
(b) that rates are subject to changes without notice;
(d) payment of deposit or full payment constitutes their consent and agreement to these stated provisions
- GTE shall not be liable in respect of, and to pay any compensation where the performance of its obligations is prevented or affected (whether directly, indirectly or contributed to) by reason of circumstances amounting to force majeure events outside its control including, for example, by reason of act of God, act of public enemy, war, earthquake, riot, fire, storm, flood, explosion, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, adverse weather conditions, compliance with any law governmental restraint order or rule, and all similar events.
- (a) is governed and construed under the laws of New South Wales (NSW), Australia;(c) tickets or admissions to tours and events are subject to availability;All parties agree and acknowledge that any legal relationship with GTE, and any claim, dispute or legal proceedings against, with, or concerning, GTE:
(b) each party irrevocably submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of NSW, Australia;
(c) a party may not seek to have any proceedings removed from the jurisdiction of NSW Australia on the grounds of forum non conveniens or on any other grounds and, for the avoidance of doubt, all parties waive any right they have or may have to object to an action being brought in the jurisdiction of NSW, Australia;
(d) shall not, and cannot, be brought or determined under the laws or courts of the United States of America, the United Kingdom, New Zealand or the dominion of Canada or their territories or protectorates.
- If your party requires an introduction to, or arrangements made with, a school or organisation, GTE will endeavour to facilitate such and initiate an initial introduction. Thereafter however, both parties are responsible as between themselves regarding ongoing other matters such as communications, requirements, scheduling of events, exchanging gifts, and agreement regarding disbursement of subsequent costs and or proceeds.
Code of Conduct
- (a) All travellers are expected to uphold and maintain acceptable levels of behaviour, conduct, decency, respect and language.
(b) Theft, harassment, malicious damage, and acts of a similar anti-social nature will not be tolerated.
(c) Individual travellers and/or touring schools/organisations shall be liable for and be held accountable for all damage, repair, replacement, restitution, court and legal expenses, fines and compensation arising from their actions or the actions of members of their travelling party.
(d) Should any traveller be removed from a tour, all associated costs for return to their home destination shall be solely at the traveller’s own expense, and no refunds are payable by GTE or any other party for any unused portion of such traveller’s tour or package.
Great Tour Experiences – Sydney Australia